Asbestos Awareness Courses
This half day Asbestos Awareness course will provide attendees with basic, general awareness of the dangers associated with asbestos and measures required to protect their safety. This awareness day, if required, would also give safe working knowledge of the appropriate actions to take upon encountering asbestos or for planned minor asbestos works.
- Relevant legal requirements
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in structures and plant
- How to make suitable and sufficient assessments about the risk of exposure to asbestos
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Safe work practices and control measures, including an explanation on the correct use of control measures, protective equipment and work methods
- Selection and appropriate use of protective equipment
- Waste handling procedures
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
The awareness training will be useful for anyone else who has responsibility for Health & Safety in the workplace and those who currently are at most risk from inadvertent exposure to Asbestos.
Classroom and on-site based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.