Basic Life Support & CFR Instructor Course
The Basic Life Support Instructor Course is designed and certified by the Irish Heart Foundation, to teach Healthcare Professionals with the skills and knowledge to facilitate CPR training in their organisation or in the community.
Candidates are required to have completed the full BLS Provider Course (including adult, child and infant modules) as a prerequisite to attend the BLS / CFR Instructor Course and this provider certification must be in date at the time of attending the instructor course. Instructor candidates must ensure they have excellent practical skills at BLS level across adult, infant and child. They must also have a healthcare provider background (for example nurse, doctor, EMT).
- BLS Provider – Instructor Perspective
- PHECC CFR Add on
- AED Trainers Presentation
- Manikin Hygiene
- Recovery Position
- Effective Instructor Behaviour
- Role Play
- Skills Testing
- Irish Heart Foundation Administration
Candidates who wish to undertake this course must be from an acute healthcare background such as doctor, nurse, paramedic or similar.
- Candidates will be required to complete an on line module prior to attending 2 day course
- The remainder of the class will be delivered through DVD, lectures and role play.
- The candidate on successful completion of 2 day course must complete a 3 step monitoring process.
- This will include observing an instructor deliver a course, assisting an instructor with a course and deliver a course to a group in the presence of an Irish Heart Foundation Faculty member. Once this has been completed successfully candidates are fully qualified instructors and will receive their instructor certificate.