First Aid Response (FAR) – Webinar
This 2 day training will be delivered via a webinar session. The trainer will go through the theory and will demonstrate the practical elements of the course to the attendees. A 1 day practical assessment for each attendee will be required in addition to this in order to gain your First Aid Response (PHECC) certification.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CPR & AED, Choking & Stroke)
- Common Medical Emergencies (Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Poisoning & Fainting)
- Injury Management & Shock (Bleeding, Fractures, Sprains, Strains & Dislocations, Shock)
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information Management & Communications
- The Well-Being of the First-Aid Responder
On completion of this 3-day course, the First Aid Responder will be equipped with the necessary practical skills, knowledge and confidence to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain care and comfort of a patient who has become suddenly ill or injured in the workplace or elsewhere until the arrival of emergency medical services. Also included is training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the administration of aspirin for cases of a suspected heart attack.
The First Aid Response course covers all of the occupational first-aid requirements for places of work as outlined by the Health and Safety Authority.
Instructor led webinar/remote based sessions.