Preparing for GDPR
The purpose of this 1 Day programme is to equip the learner with the knowledge and skill to identify changes in the Data Protection legislation, be aware as to what changes will affect their business and practical knowledge as to how to comply with the legislation.
- Introduction & Background
- 12-steps to being GDPR Prepared
- The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) background and terminology
- The eight Data Protection Principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including Data Access Requests
- Data Controllers and Data Processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA) with examples
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO) with example job description
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- The powers of supervisory authorities
This course would be beneficial to any business owners, managers, HR managers and IT managers, all businesses that collect and store an individual’s personal information, whether it is a client or an employee.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.