Manual Handling Essentials for Schools
This Manual Handling Essentials training course for schools is a half day programme, designed to provide the learner with the knowledge of the good working practice in manual handling and also essential rules of general prevention of back pain.
- Legislation – Legal Implications
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Ergonomics – Safe Work Practices
- Safe Handling
- Hazard identification
- Risk Assessment Techniques
- Implementing control measures
- Back Physiology
- Accident Investigation
- Practical workshops – The practical sessions will make up approximately 50% of the course, in which participants will carry out exercises designed to illustrate many of the principles set forth in the lectures. Continual assessment will take place throughout the course to ensure that participants have understood and learnt the basics of good manual handling practice.
This Manual Handling Essentials training programme may benefit employees who as part of their everyday work are involved in lifting inanimate objects and where a risk assessment has deemed it necessary for these employees to be trained in order to avoid back and other injuries associated with poor lifting techniques.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.