Module 1: Project Management Principles
- Project Management Terminology and Definitions
- The Project Context – Project Management vs. Operations Management
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Lifecycles (Predictive/Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- Project Success Factors
Module 2: Scope Management
- The Project Charter
- Scope Planning – Produce a Scope Statement
- Scope Definition – Create the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scope Verification and Control
Module 3: Project Scheduling
- Activity Sequencing – the Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Resource Planning – Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Schedule Development – Timeline (or Gantt) and Milestone Charts
Module 4: Project Risk Management
4.1 Risk Identification – Develop a Risk Register
4.2 Risk Scoring for Management Focus
4.3 Risk Response Planning – Strategies to adopt
4.4 Risk Monitoring & Control
Module 5: Project Close-out
5.1 Circumstances for Project Closure
5.2 Close-out Activities – the Lessons Learned Report
Document Distribution Matrix
Project Scope Statement
Project Risk Register
Project Change Request Form
Project Progress Report
Project Closeout Report
Project Management Essentials is aimed at delegates who are about to participate on a project team for the first time or – as project managers – are assigned to deliver their inaugural project.
Instructor Led Live Webinar
This Project Management Essentials course is designed to give delegates an overview of the concepts and principles of project management. Participants will gain practical understanding of proven Scope and Scheduling techniques and the Risk Management processes that will contribute to the successful delivery of their projects.
On completing this course delegates will understand:
- project characteristics and the benefit of management through project phases and lifecycles
- the importance of identifying and managing stakeholders
- project success factors
- the significance of the Project Charter
- Project Objectives, Deliverables and the content of the Project Scope Statement
- the value of a Work Breakdown Structure and its contribution to the Project Plan
- the Critical Path and the importance of Timelines or Gantt Charts
- the components of a Risk Register
Project Management Methodology
Project Management Essentials is designed to introduce practical management techniques and methodologies.
Aligned with the Project Management Institutes (PMI’s) Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK®) the course content also references PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management techniques.
For those delegates interested in future PMI Certifications, attendance and course completion represents 7 Contact Hours of Project Management Education.
Delegates will be provided with a Course Manual and project management templates developed in an Excel Workbook.