Fire Warden Instructor
This Fire Warden Instructor training course is a 2 Day public programme, designed for participants who want to become a Fire Warden Instructor. The course enables participants to meet the training requirements of both the “1981 Fire Services Act” and “Regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005″.
Those attending this Fire Warden Instructor Course should have some training experience and have a minimum of a Manual Handling Instructor course QQI Level 6 training qualification or another Instructor qualification. Proof of same will be required.
- Fire Science
- Development the fire, smoke and small travel
- Fire prevention
- Classes of fire
- The selection and use of fire extinguishers
- Participants will then be trained in the use of extinguishers
- Pre–fire/fire/post fire duties of the Fire Warden
- Understanding people’s behaviour in relation to fire
- Emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Emergency lights (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Fire extinguishers (overview of general maintenance requirements & the functions of)
- Fire alarms (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Passive fire protection
- Active fire protection
- Running a Fire Warden Course
- Duties as fire wardens
- To understand the chemistry of fire
- To identify basic fire hazards in the workplace
- To carry out emergency evacuation drills
- To assist in the management of emergency evacuations
- To understand the different evacuation models
- Select and use the appropriate firefighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire.
This Fire Warden Instructor training programme is for those that need to train others in Fire Training within the organisation or those involve in training on consultative basis.
Classroom based instructor lead, practical hands on course with Extinguisher Training.