Confined Space is defined as any place, including any vessel, tank, container, vat, silo, hopper, pit, bund, trench, pipe, sewer, flue, well, chamber, compartment, cellar or other similar space which, by virtue of its enclosed nature creates conditions which give rise to a likelihood of accident, harm or injury.
- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Identifying a Confined Space
- Confined Space Hazards
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Use of Gas Meters
- Confined Space Entry Procedures
- Permit to Work Systems
- Use of Respirators
- Emergency Rescue Procedures
- Methods to safely ventilate your confined space
- Describe the responsibility of the Confined Space Entrants, Supervisor and Attendants
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
At the course completion, candidates will have the necessary knowledge to:
- Demonstrate a greater awareness of the law on confined spaces and how it relates to them
- Identify confined spaces and the hazards that associated with them
- Implement a procedure of prevention to incorporate work methods, elements of safe system and emergency and rescue procedures.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
Confined Space Awareness
This Confined Space Awareness training course is a half Day programme, designed to provide trainees with the skills and knowledge to be able to operate safely in and be rescued from a confined space environment.
In accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act regulations, a person should not carry out work in confined spaces unless is trained, competent & authorised to do so in a safely manner.
If the work must be carried out hazard identification and risk assessment must be carried out prior to the work commencing.
Please note this programme is mainly delivered onsite as customised in-house training.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours