- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Discuss the employee responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 in Residential Healthcare environment. This will include reference to all Healthcare act and regulations that cross over to health and safety.
- Evaluate the requirement of the 2007 General Application Regulations to the employee
- Discuss the employee role in regard Safety Statements and what is contained within.
- Healthcare specific Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Identify and be aware of the hazards associated with slips, trips & falls, lifting, using equipment, PPE, donning and doffing, compressed gas, Biological Infection management, Chemicals, Infection Control.
- Fire Hazard and Fire Prevention
- COVID-19 impact on Infection prevention
- Control with PPE
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This training course is aimed at all working within community settings within the healthcare environment
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course
This Health & Safety in Healthcare training course is a Half Day webinar programme, designed to provide participants with the knowledge of their responsibilities regarding health and safety in healthcare settings.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours