- Introduction & Course Objectives
- The principles and practice of risk assessment in an office environment, to include its function as part of an overall management system, and the different types of risk assessment used.
- Hazards and risks in the workplace, to include the distinction between hazards and risks, and an appropriate method to manage each.
- The relevant sections of legislation, regulations, codes and standards governing risk assessment and management of hazards and risks in the workplace, to include the legal responsibilities of the employer and the employee and the consequences of non-compliance
- Implementation of safe systems of work to include use of equipment, task analysis and assessment of current control measures, documenting process and procedure changes and reporting systems for accidents and near misses.
- Essential safety checks in the workplace, to include, as appropriate, examination and inspection of personal protective equipment, tools, machines and other work-related equipment
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and hazard control in the workplace
- Undertake risk assessments for diverse risks in the workplace, to include documentation of risks, risk significance, controls such as safe systems of work and auditing.
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
Risk Assessment steps:
Step 1: Draw up a safety and health policy
Step 2: Identify the hazards
Step 3: Carry out a risk assessment
Step 4: Decide what precautions are needed
Step 5: Record the findings
Guidance on Carrying Out Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessment Examples
- Risk Assessment Pro Forma