- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Duties of the employers and employees
- Role of Health & Safety Authority
- Safety Statements
- Factors for Safe and Health Working Environment
- Good Housekeeping in the Workplace
- Workplace Absence Reporting
- Emergency, Accident Prevention and Reporting
- Fire Hazard & Prevention
- Risk Factors
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Hazardeous Material & Disposal
- Noise & Air Hazards & Risks
- First Aid Kits & Uses
- Infection Control
- Safety Signage
- Factors Contributing to Health
- Diet & Exercise
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
On the course completion the learners will:
- Understand the concept of the promotion of safety, health & welfare in the workplace
- Be familiar with the core health & safety legislation
- Understand the importance of the safety statement, hazard identification & risk assessment
- Explain fire hazards, their sources and the requirements for fire prevention controls
- Understand the communication process and effective participation at meetings
- Outline the factors of accident causation, describe prevention strategies and policies
This Safety and Health at Work training programme may be beneficial to those with health and safety responsibilities in the workplace and who require skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment.
No previous knowledge is required.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
This Safety and Health at Work QQI training course is a 4 Day public programme, designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health at work and effectively represent employees on health & safety issues.
Awarding Body: QQI
National Framework of Qualifications Level: Level 5
Certification: QQI level 5 minor certificate in Safety and Health at Work
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Assignment and exam
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours