- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Data security and information security
- Overview & benefits of the information security management system standard ISO 27001:2013
- Assessing potential threats and vulnerabilities from a variety of sources
- Alignment with other ISO standards,
- Risk management & controls
- Statement of Applicability
- Annex A controls
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
On the end of this course participants will be able to:
· Explain the purpose and intent of ISO 27001
· Describe the requirements of ISO 27001
· Define an information asset and its value to an organisation
· Describe vulnerabilities and threads associated with information assets
· Understand the risk assessment approach of 27001
· Explain the importance of control objectives and controls for treatment of risks
· Understand how to prepare a Statement of Applicability
This Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security training programme may be beneficial to IT professionals who wish to gain knowledge of the main processes of an Information Security Management System and staff involved in implementation of the ISO 27001.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
This Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security training course is a 1 Day public programme, designed to provide attendees with an knowledge and understanding of information security, the ISO 27001 information security management systems standard and how it can be implemented in their organisation.
Information is a valuable business asset and should be protected. ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System. The standard is particularly suitable where the protection of information is critical, such as in the health, finance, public and IT sectors. An Information Security Management System provides a comprehensive approach to information security to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls that protect information assets and gives confidence to interested parties.
Benefits of implementing Information Security System:
· Provides an effective and recognised measure of how well your organisation manages its information security
· Demonstrates compliance to statutory, regulatory, customer and contractual requirements
· Reduces risk and damage to your company’s reputation, profitability, loss of business or business interests due to loss of, or harm to sensitive information
· Brings confidence to business partners who entrust their information into your care
· Increases confidence with outsourcing arrangements
· Assure customers that their information is being protected
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours