First Aid Response (FAR) Refresher
The Health & Safety Authority (HSA) now recognises the PHECC First Aid Response (FAR) training course as meeting the needs of occupational first aid. The FAR Standard was developed by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) an independent statutory body who set the standards for education and training for pre-hospital emergency care in Ireland.
On completion of this 2-day course, the First Aid Responder Refresher will be equipped with the necessary practical skills, knowledge and confidence to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain care and comfort of a patient who has become suddenly ill or injured in the workplace or elsewhere until the arrival of emergency medical services. Also included is training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the administration of aspirin for cases of a suspected heart attack.
Next scheduled dates: 25th and 26th February
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CPR & AED, Choking & Stroke)
- Common Medical Emergencies (Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Poisoning & Fainting)
- Injury Management & Shock (Bleeding, Fractures, Sprains, Strains & Dislocations, Shock)
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information Management & Communications
- The Well-Being of the First-Aid Responder
The First Aid Response Refresher course covers all of the occupational first-aid requirements for places of work as outlined by the Health and Safety Authority.
Pre-Requirement: Valid Occupational First Aid OR First Aid Responder Certificate, proof of original certification is required.
Classroom based, instructor led, written exam and skills assessment.