- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Legislation – Legal Implications
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Ergonomics – Safe Work Practices
- Safe Handling
- Hazard identification
- Risk Assessment Techniques
- Implementing control measures
- Back Physiology
- Accident Investigation
- Practical workshops – The practical sessions will make up approximately 50% of the course, in which participants will carry out exercises designed to illustrate many of the principles set forth in the lectures. Continual assessment will take place throughout the course to ensure that participants have understood and learnt the basics of good manual handling practice.
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
Course learning outcomes
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform specific manual handling tasks competently to a recognised standard.
- Complete essential risk assessment prior to completing manual handling tasks.
- Identify ergonomic factors associated with their work activities.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
Manual Handling Essentials
This Manual Handling Essentials training course is a half day public programme, designed to provide the learner with the knowledge of the good working practice in manual handling and also essential rules of general prevention of back pain.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Learners must successfully complete a multiple-choice written assessment and demonstrate each of the practical lifts required to be certified in Manual Handling.
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours