- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Understanding Dementia guidance from the HSE and best practice including company policy
- Challenging Behavior, Dementia and Delirium, Explaining and understanding main types of Dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease, Vascular dementia, Multi-infarct dementia Dementia with Lewy bodies, Lewy body dementia, Fronto Temporal, Korsakoff’s Syndrome and Creutzfeld-Jacob Dementia
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This training course is aimed at all working within any settings with older persons and within healthcare settings creating awareness of Dementia.
Webinar instructor lead, informative, practical approach in relation to the Role of the Carer
This Dealing with Dementia course is designed to provide participants with knowledge and understanding of dementia, including the role of a carer, memory loss, disorientation, personality change, difficulties with everyday tasks and words and how dementia progresses.
Awareness of Dealing with Dementia locally including policy and procedure review
Introduction – What is Dementia, and can it be prevented? Dementia statistics and people most at risk.
Symptoms of Dementia – the role of a Carer, memory loss, disorientation, personality change, difficulties with everyday tasks and words and how dementia progresses
All courses will be tailored to suit the requirement of the care setting.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours