- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Day 1 – Legislative Requirements and Health Benefit
- Day 2 – Anatomy and Back Care
- Day 3 – Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment & Manual Handling Principles and Techniques
- Day 4 – Planning and Design of Manual Handling Training Programmes & Delivery of Manual Handling
- DAY 5 – Assessments – Written exam & Presentations
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
At the course completion learners will be able to:
- Explain the main components of relevant health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- To be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training programmes
- Deliver effective manual handling training programmes
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques
This Manual Handling Instructor QQI Level 6 training programme is aimed at people who wish to become qualified manual handling instructors.
This Manual Handling Instructor QQI Level 6 SPA training course is a 5 Day public programme, designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to effectively design and deliver manual handling instruction in the workplace.
Awarding Body: QQI
National Framework of Qualifications Level: Level 6 SPA
Certification: QQI Level 6 SPA in Manual Handling Instruction
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
There is no prerequisite courses to be completed prior to entry. However, a learner should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with Manual Handling and understand the responsibility of being a Manual Handling Instructor.
Assessment Details: Skills demonstration and presentation of assigned topic, theory based exam, and written assignment.
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours