- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Day 1 – Legislative Requirements and Health Benefit
- Day 2 – Anatomy and Back Care
- Day 3 – Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment & Manual Handling Principles and Techniques
- Day 4 – Planning and Design of Manual Handling Training Programmes & Delivery of Manual Handling
- DAY 5 – Assessments – Written exam & Presentations
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
At the course completion learners will be able to:
- Explain the main components of relevant health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- To be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training programmes
- Deliver effective manual handling training programmes
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques
This Manual Handling Instructor QQI Level 6 training programme is aimed at people who wish to become qualified manual handling instructors.
This Manual Handling Instructor QQI Level 6 SPA training course is a 5 Day public programme, designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to effectively design and deliver manual handling instruction in the workplace.
January 23rd 24th 25th 29th 30th 2024
Awarding Body: QQI
National Framework of Qualifications Level: Level 6 SPA
Certification: QQI Level 6 SPA in Manual Handling Instruction
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
There is no prerequisite courses to be completed prior to entry. However, a learner should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with Manual Handling and understand the responsibility of being a Manual Handling Instructor.
Assessment Details: Skills demonstration and presentation of assigned topic, theory based exam, and written assignment.
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours