- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Adult and Paediatric CPR
- Use of an AED
- Relief of choking in an Adult, Child and Infant
- Recovery position
- Stroke assessment (FAST Assessment)
- Heart attack and the administration of aspirin
- Patient Handover & CFR report
- Infection Control
- Post event issues (critical incident stress awareness and debrief)
- Team resuscitation
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
Course learning outcomes
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- Respond in an effective, safe and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- Retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- Report and record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
The Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community course is designed to provide the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Awarding Body: PHECC
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: PHECC Certificate in Cardia First Responder – Community
Renewal: 2 years
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
There is no prerequisite course required to be completed prior to entry the CFR course. However, a learner should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with defibrillation and have a maturity to complete assessment to receive certification.
Assessment Details: Practical Assessment – Skills assessment using PHECC’s CFR Community assessment sheet.
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours