- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Unit 1 People Handling Risk Assessment
- Unit 2 People Handling Principles and Techniques
- Unit 3 Planning and design of People Handling Training Programmes
- Unit 4 Delivery of People Handling Training
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This People/Patient Moving & Handling Instructor training programme is aimed at people who wish to become qualified patient handling instructors.
QQI Level 6 Instructing Manual Handling Training Programme must be successfully completed prior to starting the QQI Level 6 Instructing People Handling Training Programme
If you have completed the QQI Level 6 Instructing Manual Handling Training Programme with another company a copy of your certificate will be required when applying for the QQI Level 6 Instructing People Handing Training Programme.
The typical learner will fulfill the following requirements:
- A Current People Moving & Handling Certificate.
- Preferably be in a supervisory or management role and have the confidence and authority to deliver effective training.
- A relevant healthcare qualification e.g. nursing, paramedic, physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, is recommended though not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in the English Language with numeracy and accuracy skills.
- Learners must have a proven track record of working in a health care setting and are used to handling people in an experienced way.
- Advantageous if learner has previous experience in delivering training and has an interest in Health & Safety.
- Basic computer skills – experience in PowerPoint is recommended though not a pre requisite
- A statement from employer / GP stating capability of learner to undertake the training – no significant back, knee or other musculo-skeletal disorder
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
People/Patient Moving & Handling Instructor (QQI Level 6)
This People/Patient Moving and Handling Instructor QQI Level 6 training course is a 4 Day public programme, designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to effectively design and deliver patient handling instruction in the workplace.
Completing Manual Handling Instructor (QQI Level 6) training prior to attending this course is a pre-requisite and proof is required.
On the course completion candidates will be able to:
- Communicate the principles & theories related to people handling
- Demonstrate safe people handling skills
- Use effective presentation skills to deliver people handling instruction
- Provide people handling instruction to learners who have varying levels of competence
Awarding Body: QQI
National Framework of Qualifications Level: QQI Level 6
Certification: QQI Level 6 SPA in People Moving & Handling Instruction
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Skills Demonstration 60%, Examination – Theory based 20%, Written Assignment 20%
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours