- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Safe Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Normal Human Movement
- Patient Handling Techniques
- Practice in safe handling of patients
- Demonstration & practice of safe use of hoists, slide sheets etc.
- Practical workshops – The practical sessions will make up approximately 50% of the course, in which participants will carry out exercises designed to illustrate many of the principles set forth in the lectures. Continual assessment will take place throughout the course to ensure that participants have understood and learnt the basics of good manual and people handling practice.
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This People Moving and Handling training programme is aimed at people who are engaged in lifting/moving & handling patients during their work.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
People/Patient Moving & Handling
This People/Patient Moving & Handling practical skills training course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to move and handle people in a safe manner.
Please note the theory must be completed online in advance, this will be provided by Optima Training.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours