• Introduction & Course Objectives
• Common problems requiring CFR
• Administration of aspirin
• Use of Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
• What to do in an emergency situation
• CPR (Adult/Child/Infant)
• Administration and storage of Epinephrine
• Conclude & Follow Up Process
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency
• Respond in an effective, safe, and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills
• Retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest
• Report and record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
• React to a life-threatening or potentially life-threatening anaphylactic reaction
This CFR & Epinephrine course may be of interest to those whose work involves dealing with the public, such as teachers, sports coaches, activity leaders, etc.; and healthcare professionals who wish to be certified in providing CFR to patients requiring treatment with epinephrine (adrenaline).
Classroom based, instructor led, written exam and skills assessment.
This 1-day CFR-C & Epinephrine (Epi-pen) course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to respond to a variety of life-threatening emergencies, including Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest, Stroke, Choking and severe anaphylaxis.
The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) has designed the CFR-C & Epinephrine standard to offer appropriate training to individuals and groups who wish to avail of certified training in basic life support and the administration of Epinephrine for the emergency treatment of adults and children (< 16 years old) with anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock). This has been possible by SI No. 449 of 2015 Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2015 and PHECC clinical practice guidelines (CPGs).
Please note, registration with www.hpra.ie as a ‘Listed Organisation’ is required to purchase and store emergency medications.
Call or Email for Details.
Awarding Body: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council certificate in CFR-C & Epinephrine
Renewal: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council certificate in CFR-C & Epinephrine is valid for two years. Learners wishing to recertify in CFR & Epinephrine, are required to submit a valid CFR & Epinephrine certificate.
Entry Requirements: Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
There is no prerequisite course required to be completed prior to entry the CFR & Epinephrine medication management course. However, a learner should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with defibrillation and have a maturity to complete assessment to receive certification.
Assessment Details: Learners must successfully complete a multiple chose exam (pass rate is 80%) and a skills assessment
Cost Per Person: The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours