Introduction & Course Objectives
• Common problems requiring CFR
• Administration of aspirin
• Use of Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
• What to do in an emergency situation
• CPR (Adult/Child/Infant)
• Administration and storage of Salbutamol
• Conclude & Follow Up Process
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency
• Respond in an effective, safe, and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills
• Retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest
• Report and record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
• React to a life-threatening or potentially life-threatening asthmatic attack
This CFR-C & salbutamol course may be of interest to those whose work involves dealing with the public, such as teachers, sports coaches, activity leaders, etc.; and healthcare professionals who wish to be certified in providing CFR to patients requiring treatment of an asthmatic attack.
Classroom based, instructor led, written exam and skills assessment.
This 1-day CFR-C & Salbutamol course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to respond to a variety of life-threatening emergencies, including Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest, Stroke, Choking and an asthmatic attack.
The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) has designed the Cardiac First Response (CFR) and Salbutamol standard to offer appropriate training to individuals and groups who wish to avail of certified training in basic life support and the administration of Salbutamol for emergency treatment of adults and children (< 16 years) with an acute asthmatic attack. This has been possible by SI No.449 of 2015 Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2015 and PHECC clinical practice guidelines (CPGs).
Please note, registration with www.hpra.ie as a ‘Listed Organisation’ is required to purchase and store emergency medications.
Call or Email for Details.
Awarding Body: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council certificate in CFR-C & Salbutamol
Renewal: Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council certificate in CFR-C & Salbutamol is valid for two years. Learners wishing to recertify in CFR & Salbutamol, are required to submit a valid CFR & salbutamol certificate.
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
There is no prerequisite course required to be completed prior to entry the CFR & salbutamol medication management course. However, a learner should be mature enough to comprehend the knowledge, skills and implications associated with defibrillation and have a maturity to complete assessment to receive certification.
Assessment Details: Learners must successfully complete a multiple chose exam (pass rate is 80%) and a skills assessment
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours