Confined Space is defined as any place, including any vessel, tank, container, vat, silo, hopper, pit, bund, trench, pipe, sewer, flue, well, chamber, compartment, cellar or other similar space which, by virtue of its enclosed nature creates conditions which give rise to a likelihood of accident, harm or injury.
- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Definition & Regulations
- Identifying a Confined Space
- Confined Space Hazards
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Use of Gas Meters
- Confined Space Entry Procedures
- Permit to Work Systems
- Use of Respirators
- Emergency Rescue Procedures
- Methods to safely ventilate your confined space
- Describe the responsibility of the Confined Space Entrants, Supervisor and Attendants
- Practical exercise
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
On the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare to enter and work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
Confined Space -Low Risk
This Confined Space Low level training course is a 1 Day programme, designed to provide trainees with the skills and knowledge to be able to operate safely in and be rescued from a confined space environment.
In accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act regulations, a person should not carry out work in confined spaces unless is trained, competent & authorised to do so in a safely manner.
If the work must be carried out hazard identification and risk assessment must be carried out prior to the work commencing.
Please note this programme is mainly delivered onsite as customised in-house training.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours