- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Responsibilities of the Bus/Taxi Escort
- Basic First Aid-Medical Emergencies
- Escort training – client lifting, epilepsy, diabetes, First Aid, behaviour management · Medical emergencies on vehicles · Dealing with parental complaints/expectations
- Dangerous behaviour and other Health and Safety issues on vehicles – harnesses, hoists, booster seats, seatbelt issues, wheelchair access etc.
- Assisting children to and from transport-Access and Egress
- Hazards and Dangers, Seating-Booster, Seat Belts, Child location, Covid 19, Behaviour Management, wheelchairs
- The Importance of good communications within the school setting and also with parents driver and child. Documentation and handover
- The significance of language in building pupil success, including the impact and influence of behaviour
- To explore strategies for de-escalating low to high level conflict situations. Predicting and Preventing
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This School Bus escort course may be of interest to those who as School Management, Teaching Staff, SNAs, parents and any other relevant school staff.
This is a hands on course with instructor presentation for the optimum learning approach.
This School Bus Escorting training course is a 2-hour programme, is designed to provide participants with the knowledge to help staff sensitively manage the environment, understanding of the internal processes which drive behaviour and the provision of skills in diffusion, de-escalation and diversion.
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours