- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Defining Challenging Behaviour
- Challenging Behaviour in the School Environment including Special Needs Students
- Challenging Behaviour–how to spot the potential danger/warning signs.
- Identifying what causes children to act out (triggers)?
- How to handle the conflict situations?
- Non Physical Intervention.
- Physical Intervention & Restraint
- Safety of the child & staff
- Techniques for minimising & preventing incidents from escalation
- Legislation and its impact on dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Reporting & De-briefing difficult incidents
- Developing the Whole School Strategy or Action Plan for school & staff to avoid & reduce conflict situations and aggressive behaviour at school
- Conclude & Follow Up Process
- Course Content
- Intended Audience
- Method of Delivery
- Additional Course Details & Info
- Related Consultancy
This Dealing with Challenging Behaviour in Schools course may be beneficial to all school staff, including school management, teachers, SNAs and parents.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.
This Positive handling: Dealing with Challenging or Aggressive Behaviour training course is a 2.5-hour programme, is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, and skills for decision making processes when dealing with the possibility of physical interventions. Also enable staff to remain safe along with their students. Positive Handling: Dealing with Challenging or Aggressive Behaviour training course focuses on the positive de- escalation of the behaviour and only employs physical interventions that respect the dignity and rights of the child and are in line with best practice safeguarding policies when a child is an active danger to himself or others. The course is very practical in nature and ensures all staff are competent in dealing with and responding to difficult, challenging or aggressive/physical behaviour in the school including from those with special needs
Awarding Body: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd
National Framework of Qualifications Level: N/a
Certification: Optima Training & Consulting Ltd Certificate of Completion
Minimum age- 18 years old
Minimum English requirements: Leaners must be able to understand and convey the concepts contained in the programme content.
Assessment Details: Class Interaction
Cost Per Person:
The fee is inclusive of all training courseware materials, certificate of completion and 3 months after training support.
Progression Opportunities: Please see related courses
Protection for Enrolled Students: N/A
Should a course not proceed, any payment received will be refunded within 48 hours