Corrective & Preventative Action (CAPA)
This Corrective and Preventative Action training course is a one day programme, designed to provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to create effective plans to fix and preclude nonconformity causes.
• Purpose of a CAPA system
• ISO standards and CAPA requirements
• Differences between corrections, corrective actions, preventive actions and ‘continuous improvement’
• How risk management is used in conjunction with the CAPA system
• Various investigation tools to identify root cause(s) and actions
• 8 D Methodology
• CAPA plans; how to write good CAPA plans, including resources and timing of actions; and how to effectively implement CAPA plans
• Effectiveness checks and various methods to achieve effectiveness checks
• External auditor perspective on CAPA systems and compliance expectations
- Describe the requirements for both Corrective and Preventive Actions as defined ISO 9001/ ISO 13485/TS 16949 Quality Standards.
- Define the key terms related to Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Describe the difference between Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Corrective and Preventive Action procedure.
- Produce both Corrective and Preventive Action Plans.
- Verify the effectiveness of a Corrective or Preventive Action taken.
This training programme may be beneficial to Individuals who will manage or conduct audits for management systems, internal auditors, supplier auditors, members of implementation projects.
Participants should have experience in auditing management systems and a basic knowledge of quality systems standards.
Classroom based, instructor lead, practical hands on course.